Thinking about making your honey a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day? Here are some tips to make the evening romantic, stay within your low-carb diet, and not feel too stuffed for romance!
Will you be my keto valentine?
I put together this super low carb Valentine’s day recipes post for the rest of you out there skipping this traditional cheat day. I’m not all about fake sugars and almond flour bakery items because they tend to be really high carb, so here are the cleanest low carb treats you can make (except one truffle recipe that uses swerve – just in case you do want to sorta-cheat!)
We have gathered 10 best low carb recipes to make your valentine more special.
- Heart Eggs
- Heart Eggs in Red Peppers
- Bacon Hearts
- Heart-Shaped Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- White Chocolate Keto Truffles (contains Swerve)
- Strawberry Heart Skewers
- Heart-Shaped Keto Pancakes
- Caprese Salad w/ Heart Shaped Mozzarella
- Heart-Shaped Rolled Omelette
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Let’s start with the breakfast, first surprise of the day 🙂
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion
- ½ Tbsp Carrot
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Some Oil
- Break 4 eggs and stir them gently. For interesting yellow and white color swirls, do not completely mix the whites and yokes together.
- Set aside 2-3 Tbsp of the egg mixture to be used later.
- Finely chop 1 Tbsp of green onion and ½ Tbsp of carrot. It is important to chop them very fine.
- Add ¼ tsp of salt into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add some oil in a small bowl or plate. Fold a small piece of a paper towel, and soak it in the oil.
- Use the towel to lightly grease the pan. Cook on medium heat.
- Drop a little bit of the egg mixture into the heated pan; if it starts to cook, the temperature for the pan is right.
- Pour about ¼ of the egg mixture into an 8-inch pan.
- When the surface of the egg starts to cook, begin to roll it: about one inch.
- Continue to roll it. You can use either chopsticks or a spatula.
- Push it to the end of the pan and add some more oil in the pan.
- Pour the same amount of egg mixture into the pan. Fry and roll it the same way.
- After doing the same process 2 more times, you will get a fried egg that looks like this.
- Cool it for about 1 minute before you cut it. This helps the egg keep its shape when you cut it.
- Cut the fried egg into a half-inch thickness.
- To make the heart shape, cut one piece of the fried egg diagonally.
- Two pieces to the puzzle.
- Make the heart shape with the two cut pieces
- .Dip the heart shaped egg into the egg mixture you saved in the beginning.
- Fry the heart shaped egg in the slightly oiled pan on medium.
- Put some egg mixture on top too.
- Cook it until it is done.